Thursday, July 31, 2008

I have made it to the Village

I have made it to Beijing. Over the last couple of days I have been inprocessing and traveling my way over here.

My fist stop was San Jose were I recieved some briefings and all my apparel. Ralph Lauren and Nike donated some really nice things. I got to see what the Olympic ring will look like. I am really excited for the leather Jacket Nike is offering. We stayed at San Jose State. I have been to San Jose a couple of times but this campus seemed really nice. Maybe I just welcomed my own room and very little noise.

The last couple of months have been crazy it was good to have a little down time. I flew over with some coaches and Womens Saber and Foil. Everyone seems really excited. I was lucky to be able to use one of my upgrades so I could fly business over. Business makes a 12 hour flight seem so much quicker. The one thing I found strange is that they served Korean beef on a flight to China.

I am in the village now. My room is amazing. There is really nice laminate flooring. The shower is the size of my bedroom at the Olympic training center. The beds have been made extra long for me so my feet dont hang over the edge. The whole village is very nice. The building are all interesting and modern. The food last night was tasty. I had some fish in curry and chicken fried with nuts. There is ice cream (A personal favorite of mine) and a very long an varried salad bar.

So far everything has gone really well. I am about to head out to our practice venue Beijing Normal University.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to ask, are you 1K on United or 1P (Premier Executive)?