Friday, August 1, 2008

Beijing Normal University

i have trained over at BNU for the last two days. The USOC has done a really great job finding us a place to practice. There are 8 strips, two volleyball courts, space for Judo and taekwondo, basketball, and two tracks. I have been really impressed so far.

While I have been enjoying the asian food at the village. I have also really liked the western food at BNU. The dining room is opulent. Dark woods, soft lighting, and exceedingly warm and helpful staff. The food is very good. Yesterday we had steak, pasta cooked to order, cupcakes, grilled veggies, full salad bar, and chicken tetrazinni.

This games so far have been the nicest I have ever been to. Beijing is not at all what I thought it might be. I feel I will get a better feel for the city today. We are going out to one of the big markets. I am not sure what I want to get but it will be fun to look around.

I am really appreciative of my coach and training partner Cody Mattern. He has done an excellent job at helping me get ready. He also has a shower that he let me borrow which made my day even better. Cold shower on a hot day is a real treat.

I would post pictures but I am still trying to figure out what the IOC rules are.

1 comment:

wwureader said...

Awesome! Glad to hear that Cody is there to help!