Saturday, July 26, 2008

Getting Ready

Well the last two weeks have gone by really quickly. I have been prepping for Beijing. This part of the season always seems to fly by. Cody and I have been doing are new directed practices. Kelly Hurley has been training with us as well. While I have been training hard I have managed to have some fun.

Today after practice. I headed out with Paige and Cody to go for a hike in the mountains. Despite some lightning and some pretty consistent rain we scrambled to the top of an unnamed crag. The weather cleared for our summit. The view from the top was really incredible. The lighting and the lush forest contrasted with the tree line made for outstanding views. There is a Mennonite camp on the road we came up. I think they picked well.

Normally we would cook out but do to the rain we enjoyed a nice mexican meal instead. I will post some pictures after my internet is fixed. I leave for Beijing on Monday. I will try and update when I am in China.

No comments: