Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Montreal Grand Prix 2nd place

The individual in Montreal went great. I woke up and felt just terrible in the morning. I was tired and we didnt find breakfast. My first bout was Adam Watson and I was a little worried. My last bout with him went down to one touch.

I just waited for Adam. I knew that if I attacked from the beginning things would not go well. So I let him come and things worked out.

In the 32 I fenced Kvorhost. Kvorhost lead early but I managed to tie it and go into overtime. I was able to pin him to the back of the strip and get the final touch

In the 16 I fenced Robeiri. I really made myself keep great distance and things seemed to work out. At the end I had a 3 touch lead and he had to come. After Cody and my drills I was ready and kept the lead.

In the 8 I had jerome Jeannett. I used the same strategy. I had a bigger lead this time and in the end he just gave up.

After a 3 break and a lot of sushi I had Jung from korea. Jung lead by 3 or 4. Then Cody told me something during the break and was able to go up. With a couple of touches lead he had to come and I was ready.

The final bout against tagliorol was close through the first 2 periods. Then I had to go. He is a good fencer and I just wasnt able to get the timing down. Overall a great day. I really feel that Cody and I made a good team.

For pictures and video please visit http://www.fencingchannel.tv/cms/08can-montreal-epee.html

No comments: